Duties and responsibilities:
– Work closely with the Archivist working on the Slavic Collection to arrange and describe the selected samizdat archival collection (HU OSA 300-85-12 Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Inc – Research Institute / Samizdat Archives / Subject Files) in accordance with current standards used at the Blinken OSA;
– Analyze and identify thematic/historical background and context for the selected samizdat archival collection based on the content of the archival items;
– Enhance existing metadata description for the selected samizdat archival collection following the archival workflow approved at the Blinken OSA;
– Translate enhanced metadata entries to/from Russian and data entry for translated items utilizing software approved at the Blinken OSA
– Provide the the Archivist, Slavic Collection with weekly progress reports;
– Any other duty which occasionally required.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
– Pursuing or completing a degree in humanities or social sciences with relevant experience in information management or related programs;
– Basic understanding of archival arrangement and description, collection development;
– General interest in Soviet history and in the history of the Cold War;
– Ability to carry out detailed procedures with accuracy;
– Language skills: proficiency in Russian and English (knowledge of other Slavic languages is an advantage);
– Advanced knowledge of MS Office, search skills;
– Ability to work independently
Application and further information
To apply for the position, please send your CV and a letter of motivation to FelcherA@ceu.edu. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, until the position is filled. Therefore, we encourage early applications. We respond to all applications. Candidates who are suitable for the position will be invited for an (online) interview.
The minimum duration of the internship is 1 month.
The position is unpaid, but we strongly encourage applicants to seek financial support from their institution via exchange programs, Erasmus + Internship Mobility Program, or apply for external funding.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.